Here I am at 53 years old and I have had many life’s experiences and I look forward to many more. Life has a way of softening you as you go along. Or maybe hardening for some but for me I feel softer. I sure am not the woman I was 10, 20 or even 30 years ago and I’m glad. 🙂
If I could write a note to my younger self, and I can, lol this is what I would say:
I remember when you were a younger version of yourself and although you lacked confidence throughout many times of your life, there were times when you thought you knew it all. It is interesting for me to see this as I now know how little you knew. 🙂
Some tips I could offer the younger version of you would be:
- Be Kind. The world needs more kindness and compassion. Especially be kind to those who have been around in life longer than you have. They have had more time to experiences life’s up and downs. They have had more hurts, heartaches and loss and it wears on a person. These people need extra kindness and less animosity and judgment. Be kind.
- Be Gentle. “A gentle word, a kind look, a good-natured smile can work wonders and accomplish miracles”. William Hazlitt Being gentle is a virtue worth living by. Gentleness is a form of love expressed that softens, that opens, and that shows compassion. Practice gentleness on a daily basis.
- Let It Go. Let go of all of those ideals that do not serve you. Especially the need to be right and to know it all. Instead be open. Be inquisitive and be willing to listen, to really listen.
- Don’t Personalize Things! If you really want a fast track to peace, don’t personalize anything. You have no idea what another person is going through, a stranger or kin. Just love them within your heart and mind. So many heartaches have come from people assuming things were said for a certain reason or intended to hurt you. Just let that stuff go. It matters not. Know in your heart that you are okay and that are made of love and will return to love. You have been the one hurt and you have hurt others. Let it all go and turn to Love. And remember when people hurt you, they need extra love. Anyone who is in that much pain that they would hurt others needs more love. You know you’ve been there. 🙂 Stop the madness now.
- Forgive. Forgive often and forgive quickly. The sooner you forgive others and yourself the sooner you give the gift. The gift of for*give*ness. Give it often. “To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you” Lewis B. Smedes … Free yourself sooner than later. 🙂
- Be YOU. Don’t wait your entire lifetime to be YOU. Your job is to be you. You were born perfectly YOU for a reason. 🙂 YOU are the gift to the world. Let that gift be opened and shared with the world. Lead by example. Show the way for others and encourage them to be themselves and to wear their uniqueness like the jewel that it is.
Well dearest little one, I could say more but I think this is suffice for this blog post today. Go now and be that best version of YOU that you are learning to share with the world so freely. I hope others are inspired to be themselves and that they go throughout their day today in JOY and Love. Blessings to all…