One of my favorite quotes is from Alan Watts.
“Muddy water is best cleared by leaving it alone.”
How often do we tend to stir up situations when the water is muddy and make them worse by giving them attention and energy? Lest we forget another great quote:
“Where Attention goes Energy flows; Where Intention goes Energy flows!”
There are many reasons we do this but some that come to mind are:
1) We over-analyze and read more into situations than we need to. For example, maybe someone did not react in a way you expected or they said something you found to be off. Maybe they are having a bad day or they are sick or depressed or whatever, it matters not.
We don’t have to react or stir up the waters unless we CHOOSE to. This is where the quote comes in… ‘Muddy water is best cleared by leaving it alone”. When we leave it alone it can give US peace and clear the waters perhaps.
2) Our egos jump in and we need to ‘be right’ or to feel we have control of a situation. 🙂 What about that saying “Do I want to be ‘right’ or ‘HAPPY’? Choosing happy means you let the waters clear and do not give it energy or attention.
Take a look at the picture in this blog post and perhaps use it as a tangible reminder to consciously CHOOSE how you react to ‘muddy water’ situations. Do you take your stick and stir it up and make it worse? Or do you send the situation Love and let it rest? Choices, choices. We always have choices. 🙂
Maggie Holbik.com is a Certified Life Coach and Board Certified Nutritionist who writes these blog posts hoping she can make a difference in someone’s day, week or life. She sends you the reader many Blessings and she hopes that you have a BEAUTIFUL day today and that you jump over those puddles of muddy waters in style. Oh ya! 🙂
- My Recent Diagnosis That Has Changed My Life Forever….
- The Power of Faith
- Love & Loving Kindess
- In Your Darkest Hour or Your Weakest Moment You May Just Find Peace
- Fear, Anger & Shame You Don’t Live Here Anymore